Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Scrooge?!

Since Lila's birthday fell on Easter this year, we got to celebrate both events on the same day.  My sister-in-law, Lyndsie, offered to make the cake and cupcakes for the big occasion, so I thought that I should probably forgo making our traditional bunny cake.  When I shared this with Jared, he told me that I was being an Easter Scrooge!  And that I just could not have...

so on Friday afternoon the kids, Chippy (J's class mascot) and I all gathered in the kitchen and made our beloved Bunny Cake.

By the time it was ready to be decorated all three kids were busy jumping on the trampoline.  Maddie was the only one who wanted to come in and help out.  I think she and I did a pretty good job!

The next morning, it was time for us to go to our church egg hunt.  This is what you get if you ask the kids to "say cheese."  I now see why photographers don't recommend this tactic.

On the other hand, I guess that picture was better than this one!  We've got one nose picker, one looking at the ground and the other covering herself up with chippy in the Easter basket.

A few minutes later, the hunt was on!  It was so fast and furious!  Neither of the girls got any eggs and Jackson only managed to grab a few.

Thank goodness for sweet people who so kindly shared their eggs with the girls.  Otherwise it may not have ended well.  Stay tuned for many more Easter festivities...it was a really busy weekend!

No comments:

Blog Archive