It's a good thing Halloween only comes once a year! It wore me out this year. Seriously, Jackson had his school party on Friday, which meant he dressed up and went trick-or-treating there. Then we went to two Fall Festivals, a family Halloween party and then trick-or-treated on Halloween night. Whew! It was a lot to take in for one weekend, that's for sure. Good thing I have such a great fam to spend it with, though.

Friday night was a little chilly, so I made the fireman wear his gloves to the first Fall Fest.

He played a few games like this bean bag toss

and find the key

and then just had to go take on the bounce houses!

Miss Lila went too and slept through most of it, but when she woke up we got this family pic. I think she was a little bit overwhelmed. For most of the night she had both arms out to her sides and just this scared look on her face.

Jackson discovered the greatness of the cake walk. As a child, this was one of my favorite things to do at our family reunions. I always came home with at least two cakes!

So imagine my pride when our child won on only his second try!

The next day Jackson and I went to his school Fall Fest. We just happened to park right next to Mia's family (blonde girlfriend mentioned in a previous post). She walked right up to J, grabbed his hand and off they went!

He didn't even care that her daddy was right there!

We did a few indoor activities first, like letting the kids get fake tattoos. Maddie got something on her cheek and J got a dragonfly on his arm. Pretty interesting choice, but there really weren't too many cool things to choose from.

The outdoor part was lots of fun--the kids headed straight for the petting zoo. I thought Madison was going to hop on in with these little ponies.

Then they played a few more games, like this toilet paper toss.

Boom thought he should get to play, too, so he threw a few balls at the target for the dunk tank. He actually hit the target twice, but she didn't fall in!

A friend of mine snapped this picture--I love it because it looks like I've got everything under control, right? The truth is about two seconds after this they both broke free and were running like the wind to get to their next event! I was running after them hollering, such a scene, and they could not have cared less!

We ended the afternoon with another turn in the bounce house. They loved it so much that they refused to get out. The guy had to go in and get them for me. "Yes, those two unruly ones are mine. Could you please bring them out for me?" Guess that means they were having fun.

Halloween night it was finally time for the main event. These two did so good this year. They said "trick or treat" at every house and even told most of the neighbors
"thank you," as well. By the time we got back to our house they were pooped and so were we. They got some really good candy, though. Jackson's expression says it all, I think. Halloween rules!
1 comment:
What great pictures!
And yes, it DOES look like you've got it all under control.
:)
...the toilet paper toss...there's an idea!
Post a Comment