Friday, October 29, 2010

Great day for the Arboretum!

I love the fall. I know I've said it before, but it really is my favorite season. The weather was beautiful here yesterday, so we headed on over to the Dallas Arboretum.

Jackson spotted these huge pumpkins right when we walked in and got a big kick out of them. He had to sit on lots of them and kept commenting on how gigantic they were. I can't get over how long his long legs are!

This was the best sibling shot I got--he's reaching his hand over her shoulder, so sweet. If only he were also looking at the camera. Oh well!

Lila was very intrigued with the hay. She tried to eat it the whole time. It was really hard just to get her to look up because she was so enthralled with the hay.


Oh my! I was very nearby for this one.


We did put her on top of the pumpkins once. She didn't really love it as much as we did, though.


Gigi went with us--here they are in front of one of the cool pumpkin houses.


Jackson loved showing me how big this one was!

They even had a baby pumpkin house and J thought it was cute, too, so we took Lila over to see it.


This year Jackson was fascinated with all of the gourds. He kept finding bigger and bigger gourds. I think he just liked saying that new word.


After all that gourd hunting a boy's bound to get hungry. There was a great outside eating area serving hot dogs, chips, sauerkraut and root beer floats, so we took a seat there. The best part was the german music they had playing. Jackson jammed in his seat the whole time and even came up with original songs that he performed for us!


After filling our bellies, it was time to get some pics of Lila in her halloween costume. Her big brother picked out her costume.

Isn't she such a sweet angel baby?


I love it!


Thanks again, Gigi, for going with us. J man, angel baby and their mama all had a great time.



2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

I just posted about the Arboreteum today too...

Hope it wasn't nearly as crowded for your trip as it was for ours!

Liz Rock said...

I just LOVE Lila's sweet angel costume! SO CUTE!

Blog Archive