Friday, July 9, 2010

Swim day

We had a swim day yesterday with Amanda and her crew. Cason (4) Jackson (3) and Madison(2) all swam together and had a blast. Chase (1) got in the water for a sec, but then had to go in for a nap. Miss Lila (3 mos) was in a great mood the whole day and even took a good nap so that all of us adults could get in the pool.

I love this picture for so many reasons. First, it's amazing that all of the kids are looking at the camera. Second, it's kind of surreal to me. You see, Amanda and I have been best friends since I was born. Literally. Our moms grew up together and made sure that we did, too. We took dance, tap, twirling and gymnasics together for many years and were always super close. There is some classic video of us somewhere and we both have the biggest hick accents (if you're wondering where Jackson's twang comes from, look no further than his mama!). Anyway, I always knew that the day would come when our kids would be playing together. It just still doesn't feel like that's possible yet! Then I remember that we both already celebrated our 30th birthdays and I come back to reality. We can't wait for them to come visit again from Arkansas!

No comments:

Blog Archive