Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Lucky #7

Wow! Time is just racing past us these days. As of yesterday, Jared and I have been husband and wife for 7 whole years! I thought that was worthy of a little trip down memory lane. We met in 1988 in 4th grade. I was the new girl at school and he was the cute, quiet boy. Friends tell me that he had a crush on me back then...truth is I had a crush on him, too. I was just too reserved to ever admit that back in the day! Fast forward to our college years when we finally began dating. I knew right away that I could spend the rest of my life with him. He had it all--super smart, athletic, went to church, had a good family and was just an all around good guy. We dated long distance for the last 2 1/2 years of college and although it wasn't always ideal, he was so worth it. Jared asked me to marry him on the top of Mt. Bonnell in Austin and I wholeheartedly accepted.

Here we are at our engagement party at my parents house...

and at the church for our wedding rehearsal. Two weeks after we got married, we packed up and moved out west to Lubbock so that Jared could go to law school.

Three years later he graduated at the top of his class and was offered a job at a Dallas firm.


We had a really fun graduation party with our friends, The Sierras, and headed on back to G-town.

Nine months later God blessed us with Jackson and our hearts almost exploded.


Then three years later we were blessed again with Lila.


I love our family so much. I just could not imagine taking this journey with anyone other than my sweet husband. Happy Anniversary, hubdog! Here's to many, many more!


3 comments:

Carole said...

I loved that! Thanks for sharing your story:) Happy anniversary!

Lainey-Paney said...

Awww!
What a wonderful story!
And yes, you have a beautiful family!

Lindsey Long said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary!

Blog Archive