Friday, November 22, 2019

Undefeated

Wow!  Words cannot adequately describe Jackson's first season of tackle football.  It was a time of many firsts, in fact.  First time playing a school sport.  First time having to wake up super early for practice every day of the week.  First time having school coaches, who mean business!  First time having a Mom and Dad (and probably grandmas, too) praying hard for Jackson's safety out on that field.

We ordered shirts, but when they weren't available in youth sizes, I had these made for these two football sisters.  Their shirts said "Jackson's sister" on the back.  Love it.
Every game day the boys were required to dress up.  Greatness!  Another thing I love about school sports at MMS.  The coaches are trying to teach them to carry themselves with confidence and respect.  You know what's funny?  I think a lot of the boys even liked getting spiffy every week.

Every week, this kid's confidence grew a little more.


I loved cheering for my favorite quarterback!

Reagan, Cami and Lila, did too!


I also enjoyed helping out the team with the end-of-season breakfast.

Sandy did so great with the decorations!  They even had donut hole centerpieces!

These boys loved their feast!

Throughout the season, Jackson had many fans come cheer him on, including Mason, Uncle Andrew and Aunt Maria.  He's always so appreciative of the support.
Boom Pa was most definitely one of J's biggest supporters.  He tried to teach little Mason a bit about what it takes to be a good QB:)

Cami always had friends wherever she went, too!  


We began the season with 100 degree temps.  The weather began changing quickly, though, and games 4 and 5 were chilly.  Actually, perfect hoodie weather.  The last game was a mess--rain and so cold!

Brrr!

OMG, it was so cold!  Despite the awful weather, Memaw, Poppi, Gigi, Boom, Madison, Uncle Scott, Connor, Sofia, Angie, Olivia, Melissa, Emery and Stephanie all came to see Jackson and the Mavericks play.

This kid still managed to throw a few touchdown passes and ended the night with a big grin and a big WIN!

His new girlfriend, Sofia, was proud of him, I'm sure:)

The Murphy Mavs ended their season undefeated!  I'd say that's one for the books.

Goooooo Team!

No comments:

Blog Archive