Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Reasons to Smile

We are always on the go, but are trying to be more intentional about time spent at home.

We all loved it when Mason and his mommy came over to visit one Saturday afternoon. 
He's got such a contagious smile!


And when the first cold night of the year hit, you can sure betcha that we made a fire, got out our toboggans, made some hot apple cider, turned on College football...

and enjoyed a little show by our newest guitar-playing family member!  Such a great night!

Lila went to Madi's birthday party the next night...

and was all smiles there, as well. She just loves time with her girls so much.

That same weekend it was fall break for the kids.  Cami loves slime a lot.  A whole lot.  I finally broke down and bought a giant container of glue and let both girls go to town with their slime factory.  I only had a few rules--they had to be in the garage, and had to use newspaper.

Turns out, if you give kids some bowls, tupperware, giant glue, some laundry detergent and a little food coloring, they'll be SO entertained for hours!

And "Fun Mom" didn't stop there.  Next activity was pumpkin painting!  Who am I?!  Even Jackson got in on the action and painted himself a little pumpkin, too.

The next day we were still out for fall break.  It was such a nice day that we decided to spend some time at the park.  These three monkeys loved it!

Monkey bars bring big monkey smiles.

And once again, Fun Mom was all about new things...like letting her children climb trees!  Oh my!

Lila went first and Jackson quickly followed suit. 
They just needed a little boost from me to get up in that tree.

It wasn't long before the littlest monkey started begging to do the same, so up she went, too!

Thank goodness we escaped with no broken arms or legs!  I was definitely scared when Jackson started going much higher, but he was in hog heaven.

Slime making, pumpkin painting and tree climbing. 
You know, I sorta like Fun Mom, and I know my kids do, too!

No comments:

Blog Archive