Year Two of Sky Ranch was so much easier...especially on me! I knew exactly what to expect, didn't feel overwhelmed with all the planning of theme nights and what to pack. And I didn't even boo hoo all morning long every time I thought of Lila being gone for a week. Great success!
 |
| Calley went with the girls instead of Madison this summer. Such a great group of friends. |
 |
| Who's excited to be at Sky Ranch again? These girls!! |
 |
| When we arrived at their cabin, we checked out their activities for the week. From the lake, to the pools, to the bible studies and night events, these girls were going to have plenty going on. |
 |
| Lila got bottom bunk again, with Brooklyn above her. |
 |
| Calley and Lauren were right across from them, and they were at the back of the cabin, with a great view. Score! They couldn't wait for us to leave. |
 |
| One last hug from all of us and were were headed back home. We were certain that Lila would have a fantastic week, full of amazing memories. |
 |
| It took a few days, but I finally spotted Lila in the camp pics. She and Brooklyn looked like they were loving life at the lake! |
 |
| The next day, I found Lila and Lauren at the cafe, enjoying a refreshing drink. |
 |
| As much as I enjoyed seeing Lila with her friends, I smiled the biggest when I saw her with a new girl. My shy girl was making new friends! |
 |
| We saw a few more of her at the night events. Such an adorable tiger. |
 |
| And the whole cabin on the their dance party night was super cute. |
 |
| She seemed to be enjoying the playground... |
 |
| and loved hanging out with Lauren and Riley, too. |
 |
Jared had to pick her up from camp at 6:00 am, in order to get back in time for Cami's dance recital that day. I didn't get to talk to the counselors and hear what they thought about Lila, so this camper award was extra special. They gave Lila the Warm Hearted Award for her amazing heart, telling her that, "You are so kind to everyone you meet...it has been such a blessing getting to know your sweet self and your love for Jesus. This week we learned that not only are you kind and generous to all, you also have a servant's heart." Nailed it! They loved her.
Later that day, I found a letter addressed to me and Jared. It was a note from Rylie, one of her counselors, telling us how impressed she was with Lila. It brought me to tears.
Dear Mr. and Mrs. Hays,
It has been an absolute joy getting to spend time with Lila! She has a heart of gold that shines bright to anyone around her. She is so incredibly kind to everyone she meets and makes me want to be a better person. She has a child-like faith that is curious to know more about our awesome God! Lila and I became buddies this week and I am writing to ask your permission to stay in contact with her. It has truly been an honor working and learning from Lila's actions, words, and heart from Jesus. I can tell that she was raised well and that one day she is going to do great things for His kingdom.
Sincerely, Rylie Ray
WOW!! This simply blew me away. Her counselor was able to see Lila exactly as her daddy and I do. She's such a great person. Rylie included her email, home address and cell phone number, telling me that Lila could contact her using any method. We spoke on the phone that afternoon and I thanked her for taking such good care of Lila at camp and for wanting to continue their friendship. Lila was dying to get on the phone, so I let her chat after that, and they have kept in touch by email and phone ever since. Every time they talk, it makes Lila's day, which makes my heart happy.
Sky Ranch 2019--Great Success! |
No comments:
Post a Comment