This kid is now a four-sport wonder. No joke--he is currently playing baseball, soccer AND football. All at the same time. He has at least two practices a day and so far we are making it work. Meet the starting quarterback for the Warriors!
 |
They had a few practices and this kid was ready to go for his first game the other night.
He was all smiles... |
 |
| but make no mistake about it, he's all business on the field! |
 |
| I thought when we signed up to play indoor flag football this summer it would just be laid-back. I thought they might have practice a time or two and we'd just show up for the games once a week. Boy was I wrong! They have a coach who is SERIOUS about winning. Serious, as in, emailed us the plays after the first practice, asking Jackson to study them and have them memorized before the next practice. It's like he's been drafted into the pros! They have 18 plays now, all color coded with different code names for each player, and Jackson is in Hog Heaven. |
 |
| He had so many fans come watch his debut as a quarterback, too. Even Meme made it there! He really did fantastic, and the coach told us he made 90% of his throws accurately. In the coach's own words, "that's ridiculous to be that on target for the first game!" He has high hopes for this kid, and so do we. The Warriors lost 6-0 in overtime, but they played really well. It's a very fast-paced game--much quicker than I expected! |
 |
| Tonight he is going to watch films so that his coach can show all the boys where they need to improve. Like I said, it really is like he's been drafted! For our sports-nut, this is a dream come true. Go get 'em, kiddo! |
No comments:
Post a Comment