Friday, January 16, 2015

Happy Birthday, Sweet Cami!

How in the world did you get to be a year old?  I have no idea.  It really seems to have happened in the flash of an eye some days.
You woke up all smiles and were so very happy to see this enormous birthday cupcake balloon that had been tied to your highchair.

Then you even humored me and your sister by wearing this birthday hat for a few seconds!

"I'm not really digging this strap around my chin, mom."  We played with you after breakfast and then thought you were tuckered out enough for a nap.  Wrong!  After an early lunch and a little fit, you finally settled down in your crib for a much needed nap.  Lila and I got busy making your birthday cupcakes, but you woke up before we even got them all baked!  We took a timeout from baking and got you ready for the day.

I'm kinda sad, too--this is the last sticker and it says "1 Year."  Sniff.  Oh my sweet child, you are growing up so very quickly.  We adore your precious smile...

and can't get enough of your giggles.

You've learned to pull up on everything and can see so much more this way.

Take a seat!

You've also started wearing shoes--and I just love these.

One going on five:)

You do not like Lila or Jackson to hold you, but you'll play with them any day of the week!

"I can sit like a big girl, thank you very much."

Two peas in a pod.

After a long hour of basketball practice with a very tired one year old, we made it home, ate dinner and then sang Happy Birthday to Cami.  Jackson tried to show her how to blow out her candle,

but when she didn't take the hint, he and his sister took matters into their own hands.

We gave her a few presents--she loves these new people for her VTech house,

but mostly enjoyed pulling out all of the tissue paper!

Happy Birthday, Cameron Nicole Hays!  We love you to the moon and back.  A thousand times.

No comments:

Blog Archive