Superbowl Sunday was a big day in the Hays household!
 |
| Jared worked hard all afternoon making us some delicious gumbo. The kids and I made a sinful dessert (chocolate chip cookie, oreo, brownie bars!) and then Jackson and I got everything ready for our flag football game. |
 |
| To keep things interesting, we made Superbowl Squares and gave everyone the chance to win money at the end of every quarter. Jackson really took his time choosing his 10 squares--just look at that concentration. |
 |
| The girls were cheering for the Ravens to win and were all decked out in our purple. |
 |
| Even though Lila Lou was a bit small to actually play in the flag football game, she still got to be an honorary captain for the 49ers. The kids took turns choosing who was going to be on their team... |
 |
| and then we had the coin toss. |
 |
| Our cheerleaders stayed safe by cheering from inside the trampoline! |
 |
| Game on! The Ravens kicked off first, with Poppi doing the honors. I so wish that I had some pictures of the actual game because it was SO MUCH FUN. We had a blast and it was a very close game. Jackson tied it for the Ravens at 21, though, with his last second rushing touchdown. It's all he has talked about since then. The look of pure elation on his face just made everyone's day, I think. I can totally see why he loves it so much. I scored a TD, too, and I gotta admit, it is pretty cool! |
 |
| Thanks, family, for playing such a fun game! We've gotta do it again next year. |
 |
| We didn't just hop around, either. There were a couple of injuries, like Poppi's elbow and when he steamrolled Jackson. The little guy even had to ice down his leg while watching the big game last night. We play for real! |
 |
It was such a nice evening that we got to watch the first quarter out on our back porch.
When's the last time that's happened on February 3rd? |
 |
| To keep with his streak of awesomeness, J man won the pot after the first quarter! Hello $25! |
 |
Lila didn't win any money, but she was just as happy eating Aunt Lyndsie's football cookies.
Aren't they so cute?
What a great day--we loved having everyone over. Thanks again for making it such a fun night! |
1 comment:
For the record, Scott hit me so hard I flew backwards and collided with Jackson.
Post a Comment