Monday, February 11, 2013

So I don't forget...

When I woke up on Saturday morning, this is how I found these two.  Snuggled up in the recliner watching sports together.  I love that they are best buds.

Lila is becoming Jackson's #1 defender, too!  Twice this weekend he got in trouble with his daddy.  While he was talking to Jackson the first time, Lila kept hollering at him, "Don't yell at my brudder.  Don't be mean to him!"  The second time, Jackson got sent to his room and was upset about it.  Lila ran over to the landing and started in on her daddy.  She said, "Dad, do I need to tell you adin?  Don't yell at my brudder!  Do I need to put you in time out adin?"  She was so exasperated, but so serious, it was hard not to laugh.  I hope they always stick up for one another. 

I also want to remember that this was Lila's first day (I'm sure many more will follow) of requesting a tutu when I changed her out of her church clothes.  I thought, why not?  She went to Lowe's with her daddy and rocked that tutu without abandon.  Love it.  Be fearless, little girl, be fearless.

Not only did she go to Lowe's with daddy today, they also went to the grocery store to buy blueberry muffin mix and Starbucks to get me some coffee.  Aren't they the best?  Two outings with her daddy in one day...he was loving every single second.

The kids wanted some ketchup with their dinner.  It squirted out a little and Lila exclaimed, "It's tooting ketchup!  Jackson said, "Yeah, we should make a video of it and post it on You Tube." Then they both laughed so hard.  Oh, the humor of little ones:)

More funnies:
During the Grammy's -  while I thought Justin Timberlake rocked, Lila's take on him was, "that guy sings funny."  So much to learn!

Mama Lila - "Hey mom, I need to have a talk with you."

And my favorite. When Jared left for work this morning she said, "bye babe," just like I always do. 
My little mini-me!

No comments:

Blog Archive