Valentine's Day, another reason that Jackson has declared February as his favorite month!
 |
| We didn't waste anytime celebrating and started early with Starbucks and donuts. The kids exchanged homemade valentines and I gave them a few books. |
 |
They worked really hard on these cards! Jackson spent so much time drawing Lila a picture of the two of them and then he wrote, "You are the best little sister! I love you." And although Lila can't really write much yet, she had me write "You are the best big brudder in the whole world and I love you."
Melt. my. heart. |
 |
| Jared took Jackson to school and then it was time for us girls to go to Lila's V-day party. We had worked very hard making cakeballs the day before and Lila was excited to give Ms. Kristy some of them. By the way, it had been so long since the last time I made cakeballs that I had forgotten what a long process it is. Bake the cakes, mix them with icing, refrigerate for 2 hours, make cake balls, freeze for 6 hours, call Gigi and ask her to assist with decorating, melt chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Whew! When it was all said and done, it took 10 hours! They sure were good, though:) |
 |
| Lila thought this little photo booth area at school was too cute to pass up. |
 |
| She loved the heart glasses and feather boa. |
 |
| Party time--the kids had cupcakes and super cute rice crispy treats on a stick that were shaped like a heart. So cute! |
 |
| Then an unexpected visitor arrived. Lila was so happy to see her daddy. She said, "I didn't know you were coming--you tricked me! You said you were going to work!" |
 |
| After some sweets, it was time to exchange valentines with her class. She also made me a really cute card...just wish her face wasn't so Debbie Downer in our only picture! |
 |
| Crazy for Valentine's Day! |
 |
| A few short hours later, I was at Jackson's school for his party. |
 |
| By the time he got into the room there were only a few open seats left. One of them just happened to be next to Lucy, the little girl he has a tiny crush on. He was so shy about it that he didn't want to sit there, but I told him he didn't really have any other options, so he took a seat. I'm not sure if he was being coy because I was there or what, because I know that he's made her valentines a few times this week! |
 |
| The kids had fun decorating their cookies, playing the hershey kiss game... |
 |
| and the matching hearts game. Jackson was a winner in both, so he came home with even more loot! |
 |
| Then the party really got going when it was time to decorate their teacher. They loved this so much. |
 |
| Some of the kids even got into the spirit by sporting these silly mustaches that they had decorated their teacher with. A few look like they could be real...if only they weren't on 5 and 6 year olds! |
 |
| All of the kindergarten teachers let their classes decorate them and then the kids lined the hallway for the much anticipated parade. |
 |
| They were decked out! |
 |
| After the parade was over, the kids got to open their valentine boxes that were full of goodies from their classmates. I'm probably partial, but I really loved the box that Jackson and I made! |
 |
| After school was over, it was time to deliver a few valentines, so we went to Memaw's house first... |
 |
| and then to Gigi's. |
 |
| These three kids are so loved. Happy Valentine's Day! |
No comments:
Post a Comment