The day after thanksgiving there was no chance of finding us around the Black Friday mayhem!
We opted instead for waking up to this beautiful view.
 |
| Although it was pretty, the wind was fierce, especially down by the lake. Little girl and I had to bundle up on our golf cart ride! |
 |
Thank goodness the winds weren't as strong by the time we made it over to the ranch. Lila had been talking about riding Emma for two days straight and the time had finally come.
She was one happy cowgirl. |
 |
| I took Emma for a spin and then Lila got to hop on with me. |
 |
| We cruised around the pasture for a little while and even stopped by to say hello to the cows. |
 |
| Meanwhile, Maddie and Colleen were doing good on Princess. |
 |
| After Lila and I were done riding, we hopped off and I looked up to see Jackson (my 5 year old) riding Emma by himself! Yes, holding the reigns, and all. Emma was nice for a minute... |
 |
| but then she started to get a little spooked. Look at her crazy eye! |
 |
We thought she was about to take off, so Boom hollered at Jackson to pull the reigns back.
And he did it! She turned around and he stayed calm until Boom got to them. |
 |
| Can you imagine the huge sigh of relief I let out when I saw my dad grab ahold of that horse? |
 |
| Back in the barn, things were much more tame. Lila very slowly walked over to Mr. Dub and he stood there super still so that she could pet him. It was so cute! |
 |
| Since they were all warmed up, the guys decided to head out for a trail ride. I heard that it was a very interesting one, to say the least. It seems my dad decided to turn my city slicker husband into a real cowboy and had him rounding up cattle and llamas! What I would have given to of seen it. They came back grinning from ear to ear--very proud of themselves. Jared said it was fun and he was really glad Jackson didn't fall off. Say what?! I think we are all glad that everyone stayed on their horses, but how cool is that? I'm proud of all of them. Maybe next time I'll go, too! |
1 comment:
Haha! Love this one!
Post a Comment