Friday, November 2, 2012

Halloween Night!

The kids were so excited and didn't even have to be bribed.  Why, you ask?  Well, of course, it's because Halloween evening had finally arrived!

Amidst all of the halloween festivities, we had forgotten to carve our pumpkins.  I just didn't have time to do it with them before we went trick-or-treating, so they settled for drawing faces on them. 
Thank goodness this seemed to suffice!

"If you're gonna trick-or-treat, then first you've got to eat," was the little ditty I sang for them at their 5:30pm dinner.  I think they believed me, because they chowed down in a hurry!  Very soon we had a beautiful Belle, marvelous Minnie Mouse and rambunctious Red Power Ranger.

Gigi brought over some spooky decorations like the witch on the front porch (she talks!) and these scary skeletons to hang in our trees.  Belle was much too lady-like to make a mean face, but the other two tried their best!

The kids had quite the audience--all 4 grandparents and even Meme came to see them dressed up.

Right before we were about to start trick-or-treating look who made it home.  Hooray for Daddy!

The kids went to say hi to our neighbors...

while Lila ran back inside to get baby Brandy, and then we were off!

So many houses had fun decorations

It made the kids much more at ease and willing to go ring their doorbells!  Look how happy these two are just hanging out with this enormous pumpkin.

Even these little ghosts were pretty cute!

By the end of the night, Minnie Mouse was slowing down a little bit.  She gets props, though, for walking or running almost the entire time.  Kids will do amazing things for candy.

We ended by trick-or-treating at our own house.  We were so thankful that the grandparents had graciously volunteered to hand out our candy.

Before bath the kids got to inspect all of their loot.  Let's just say they hauled in a ton of candy!  It really is crazy, but I guess that's part of the big allure for the holiday anyway:)

We had a fabulous time celebrating halloween this year, but I must say, I am glad we are finally done. 
It feels like we've been doing this for a solid week! 
Thank goodness thanksgiving is a little more laid-back--I need some rest!

No comments:

Blog Archive