I think I may have lost my mind. For some reason, I have agreed to let Maddie do dance and soccer and let Jackson do baseball and soccer, AND let Lila do gymnastics. Whew! Just typing that sentence is giving me anxiety! All of the activities began this week.
 |
| Madison loved her ballet and tap class with her friends Chloe and Hailey. She has been begging me to sign her up for at least a year. I am thrilled that she really enjoyed it. |
 |
| It was an added bonus to be able to watch Maddie on this live feed, even though the waiting room was so very hot and packed with about 20 kids and 20 adults. Talk about a long hour! Thank goodness my good friend Lindsey was there to keep me sane. |
 |
| Then yesterday Jackson's fall season with the Cubs kicked off. He got some practice swings in first... |
 |
| and then took a seat in the dugout with all the other Cubs. They were excited to play some ball, but trying to not melt while they did it! 102 degrees is mighty warm. |
 |
| He played 1st base the whole game and made some really great plays. |
 |
| He struck out his first time up, but got a double the second time. Go J man! |
 |
| The Cubs won 3 - 2... |
 |
| and our little guy got the first game ball of the season! We were really proud of him. |
 |
| As if that wasn't enough action for Thursday evening, Madison had her first soccer practice at the same time. Thank goodness Gigi and Boom offered to take her--they are lifesavers! |
 |
| She had so much fun meeting her new teammates. |
 |
| They practiced lots of ball skills... |
 |
| did some kicking drills... |
 |
| and had a scrimmage, too. Go Angry Birds! |
 |
| She loved her new water bottle, but probably not as much as she loved getting back into the AC! She said her high for the day was playing soccer. Her low was sweatin'. The girl keeps it real. Gotta love it. |
 |
| This morning, it was Lila's turn for some physical fitness. Her gym class started back up for the fall and she was pumped! She talked about it non-stop all morning long. She loved walking on the high beam... |
 |
| jumping on the big tramp... |
 |
| and getting in the pit. |
 |
| Her favorite thing, though, was when we both jumped in the pit together. Four times! She laughed and laughed and told me, "Mama, yet's jump in the pit adin!" |
 |
Much to my surprise, she told me that she wanted to do the swing over the trampoline as long as I would push her. She was grinning ear to ear. It was a terrific first day of gymnastics and she can't wait to go back next Friday.
Let's just hope I make it to next Friday! I feel like a clown with about 10 balls in the air right now:) |
2 comments:
You ARE a brave mama.
Our rule around here has been one activity at a time, and you finish it.
....but, this Fall I'm letting him do a basketball tots thing and art lessons. Each of them is only once a week, so I figure it shouldn't be too bad.
And, we only have one. You have THREE to cart about!
You are going to be burning up the roads!
{....but I bet they will all LOVE it!}
I would be one stressed out Mama if I was doing all of that at once. You are my hero! :) So glad all of it went well!
Post a Comment