Saturday, September 29, 2012

SHS Homecoming

Yesterday I picked Maddie up early from school so that we could go watch Karlie cheer at a pep rally. 
It was Sachse High School's homecoming and we thought it would be fun to see her favorite baby sitter in action!

We spotted Karlie right when we walked into the gym. 

I must say, it was very different being in the stands during a pep rally!  It's also different not being in my old high school gym.  We got there early so that we could get a good seat...

and waited for all of the action to begin.  Pretty soon the gym was filled up and the football team began walking in while everyone clapped to the fight song.  Ah, the memories!  Too bad it wasn't the GHS fight song that I know so well!

Karlie was front and center when the cheerleaders took the floor--I know we're biased, but we think she's the best one:)

Maddie thought it was fun watching the cheerleaders do stunts...

and I got a kick out of watching the teachers dance.

My favorite part was the end of their routine when they finished with "Gangnum style."  Ha!  It was pretty darn funny.  I guess they were moving so fast that little my camera couldn't keep up. 

We had fun and were so proud of Karlie.  She did a great job at organizing her senior homecoming pep rally.  By the end of it, the whole school was really pumped up. 
We heard that SHS won big last night, too.  Way to go, Mustangs!

No comments:

Blog Archive