Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentines

We love Valentines around here.  It's so fun to make valentines for our family.  The kids love it because it means getting to use markers, glue and their favorite, stickers!

This year we started early.  We began making our cards last week.  The big kids worked so hard.  I was really proud of their dedication!  Lila even did a little bit as well, drawing with the markers and using as many stickers as we would give her. 


By yesterday morning, the kids had made 8 beautiful valentines. 
Jackson even did most of the writing himself!

After indulging me in a few pictures, it was time to head off to school for their party day. 
Maddie's class had fun making these heart headbands and other crafts...

and Jackson's enjoyed doing the same.  I brought iced cookies and cupcakes for both of their parties and they were all a big hit.  It's hard to go wrong with any type of dessert, though:)  Jackson said that he won the game that they played, so he got an extra present to take home.  He was very proud.

However, not as proud as when he got this special valentine from Peyton!  They were in the same class last year, but are in different ones this year.  They do get to see each other at lunch, chapel, sing, and most importantly, recess, where for many months she was one of his main targets of "girl catch."  I'm pretty sure it's just chasing a girl until he tags her.  Her mom told me that she loves for him to catch her.  She also told me that she talks about Jackson constantly!  I'm pretty sure that both of them are a little bit smitten.  Just look at this big grin--she gave him a heart-shaped baseball Valentine! 

As for me, I'm pretty smitten with these three cuties.  Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Blog Archive