Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Go Jack, Go!

I'm not gonna lie, I've had a tough day with the kids.  Parenting is mentally and physically exhausting.  More than I ever anticipated.  But then there are times where they really surprise me.  Like this afternoon.  Jackson asked me to read him a book.  He chose Go Dog, Go!  Instead of reading it like I always do, I thought I'd see what words he could read.  Little did I know how much progress he's been making in school. As far as I knew, he could only read a handful of sight words, as well as the names of his family members. 

So imagine my surprise when he sat down and read 19 pages of Go Dog, Go! to me.  I was in awe at first, then just felt my heart swelling with pride for my big guy.  He's not even 5 and he is reading!!! 

This evening we sat down with the same book and he read 23 pages of it.  Seeing his face whenever he figures out a hard word is just priceless.  You really can almost see the lightbulb go off in his head right before he says the correct word.  His world is about to open up tremendously and I am so excited for him.  And proud.  Is that obvious yet?! 

No comments:

Blog Archive