It's Saturday and we have no plans...a rare occasion, indeed! Since this almost never happens, we decided to take the kids for a little indoor fun. We hit up the Main Event this afternoon to try our luck at bowling.
 |
| Aside from bowling on the Wii, this was the first time for the kids. They were so excited! |
 |
| Main Event was perfect for us. The girl at the counter set up our screen and programmed in who needed bumpers and who didn't. That way they automatically popped up whenever the kids came up to bowl. I know I probably sound like I was born in the 1950s for being so impressed with this, but it really was cool...and quite helpful! Jackson was up first. I think the ball was heavier than he anticipated, but he stuck with it. |
 |
| Next it was Maddie's turn. She took a big running start and plopped that ball down the lane! |
 |
| Lila was next and she got to use this cool aparatus that our friend, James Brooks told me about. (Shout out to James for this little tidbit of info!) It was neat--she got to push the ball down the ramp and see what pins it would knock down. |
 |
| Believe it or not, Lila got a strike! She was so excited that she ran back to me, Maddie and Jackson with a huge grin on her face. She kept high-fiving everyone and was saying "Me! Knock down!" |
 |
About halfway through our game, it was time to break it down in the bowling alley. The lights went down, lasers came on and rap music started playing. In one word, it was awesome. Jackson and Maddie both got much better and J even bowled a few times without even needing the bumpers. Lila loved the jams and danced on her daddy's lap with this big smile. I think her daddy was even doing a little jig of his own. He was feeling pretty good about himself because he bowled 7 strikes. In one game! Thank goodness I didn't start talking smack to him in the 4th frame when I was winning for a brief time.
It was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Both girls fell asleep right before we got home, so the rest of us are getting to enjoy some quiet time right now. Peace and quiet, oh how I love thee... |
No comments:
Post a Comment