Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day--Red River Style

I decided a few weeks ago that the thing I most wanted to do was go to the lake for Mother's Day weekend. The main reason was that it's my most favorite place to wake up --just look out over the trees and the beautiful lake. It has always been such a special place for me. I envisioned getting up before the kiddos, going to sit on the back porch and drinking a little coffee. Serene, huh? Well, let's just say that did not even come close to happening!! For starters, Lila was getting her bottom molar and was up from 1am - 3am on Saturday night. Hence, mamacita did not get a lot of sleep. I overslept and did not wake up until 7:15 when I heard Miss Lila on the monitor. When I walked out to get her I was greeted by the two other munchkins and our crazy day officially began. So after a quick breakfast, bathing one child and getting them all three dressed, we headed over to the Ranch.


Meme had arrived the night before, so all four generations for Raines girls were in attendance:)


Our first objective at the ranch was to ride some horses. Jackson was first up and did so good! He was not scared at all. Such a big boy.



Then it was his daddy's turn...and I must say, he also impressed me! Look at this--he got his horse to gallop across the field and had it all under control. So glad he's my stud muffin:)


After convincing Madison to just come with us down to the stables, I was shocked when she agreed to ride the horse with Jackson. She loved it and did not fall off the horse right after this picture was taken. Although they both might have if we hadn't of pointed out the fact that they were leaning to the left quite a bit.



Maddie quickly decided that she was big enough to ride the horse by herself...




and even Lila got to sit on the horse for a few minutes.



For our finale, Jared and I both got the horses to run. I must admit, it's been a very long time since either one of us had riden. Even though I grew up with horses I was still a little bit timid of them. Thank goodness they were all really gentle and made it a fun experience for all of us!




After we were done riding, we rode down to another pasture to look for the baby llama. We found it right away--such a cutie!



This was about as close as we could get to the baby. Jackson and I really wanted to see if he or the llama was taller. I'm thinking that J wins that one.



While the grown-ups were preparing lunch, the two wild indians had a blast in the new blow up swimming pool.



They probably went down this slide head-first 52 times in a row. I am guessing that they were famished, which is how we got them to dry off and come in for lunch.



After lunch, J found a new friend in Uncle Doug. He loved getting piggy back rides all around the house.



Lila was happy as a clam as long as we were outside. She is a handful these days ever since she began walking and developed a serious radar for locating stairs within a two mile radius.



I have no idea how my mom got her to sit still in this chair. I'm guessing it had something to do with her feeling like a big girl:)


These two look so much alike--I still can't get over it!


After we came home from the lake on Sunday we went to Jared's parents' for a cookout. The meal was delicious and we had a really nice time. I was simply too wornout to document any of it! Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. I sure felt the love. I love my kiddos with all I've got and my hope is for them to always know that.






No comments:

Blog Archive