Thursday, March 10, 2011
Slopes of Steamboat
Here are a few more pics from our super-fun trip to Colorado.
All five of us skied together one day. Boom got some great video of both kids skiing with their harnesses attached to us--maybe sometime I will figure out how to upload video!
The last day we decided to go to the top of the mountain with everyone for one big family photo. Jared and I skied down with the kids and mom and dad met us at the base with Lila.
By the time we rangled both kids and dealt with all of their issues concerning ski boots and goggles and blew their noses for about the one hundredth time, Lila fell asleep. Sweet girl slept the whole ride on the gondola.
These two goofballs were not sleepy at all and thoroughly enjoyed the ride up and down the mountain. Jackson did say that one of his two favorite things about our trip was riding the lifts. I must agree--it is pretty cool, although I love it mostly for the amazing views.
We made it to the top! My dad taught the kids to say, "I have been to the mountain top!" and they did over and over and over. Lila woke up, too, so we got lots of great pictures. While the girl was taking this pic my dad snuck over and got my camera and began clicking away. Totally not supposed to do that, but I'm so glad he did! What a crew. Doesn't Lila remind you of Cousin Eddie in Christmas Vacation with that hat on?! Cracks me up. Thanks, Gigi and Boom for a fantastic trip. We all had a wonderful time and created memories that will last forever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
These pictures are wonderful. I'm glad y'all had such a great trip!
Post a Comment