Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Steamboat

Our third day in Steamboat began wonderfully. We all had a good night's sleep and then got to wake up to an amazing view of the mountain. Little Lila was all smiles!

In the morning we took the big kids skiing and in the afternoon it was time for some more sledding.

Jackson and I zoomed down the mountain a time or two...

and so did Maddie and Jared. Apparantly those strings are supposed to help you guide this apparatus, but I never quite figured them out.


All that playing in the snow can tucker a girl out. It was 6:00 and Madison sat still for about 3 seconds. Since she'd decided to forgo her nap earlier that day, it was all over and she literlly could not hold her eyes open one more second. Jackson was jumping on the bed trying to rouse her, but had no luck. The girl was tired!


After dinner, this goose decided to do the dishes. Gotta love their outfits. These two lived in their long underwear. They were so filthy by the time we left! Jackson also loved wearing Gigi's ski boots around the condo. Now that I think about it, their feet are almost the same size! She only wears a 5!

The next day my parents went skiing together. Although I didn't get to ski with my mom I heard she did great. I am so proud of both of them for being such active grandparents--Gigi and Boom, y'all rock!


After skiing some with Jackson we all needed a break. The two guys hung out on the balcony and enjoyed listening to some live music. That harness is a great invention, but let me tell ya, wedging all the way down the mountain is so hard on your legs! Mine are just now recovering.

That evening we all went out for dinner. I realize that Jackson's attire may look a bit strange. Yes, he is wearing ski boots and is also sporting an ear/head warmer (for ladies) around his stomach. It looked like a cumberbund, and no, I did not let him wear it out of the condo.


We got all bundled up and hopped on the shuttle to go to dinner. This sweet girl fell right asleep. Can't say I blame her. Gigi's coat is so snuggly.


No comments:

Blog Archive