We went to Mexico for 4 days and it felt like we had been gone a month! I missed our kids sooooo much it was crazy. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed myself, but my heart just could not wait to hold and kiss them again.
While we were gone Lila learned a few new tricks:
1. She can now roll over and over in a row and get across the floor quick.
2. She is reaching out for my face now, as well as lots of other items that catch her eye.
3. My favorite - she gives me kisses!!
Jackson didn't really learn any new tricks, although I'm sure he's picked up a few new sayings from my dad, but he was super sweet when we got home. He ran up and hugged my neck and then let me give him about 10 kisses. I love those two kids more than anything on earth. I think a few days away helped me to savor the little moments that come with raising kids. It's so easy to get caught up in all the household chores, discipling, meal preparation, potty training, the list goes on, and let it wear you out. But it's worth it 1000 times over just to be able to cuddle with them and have their face next to yours. There is just nothing sweeter.
1 comment:
You know I agree with this! The thought of Chloe going off to MDO next week is making me hold on a little tighter this week. I need to see Miss Lila soon!
Post a Comment