We are already planning our next couples vacation...Mexico 2012 here we come!
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Bienvenidos a Mexico!
The Hubdog and I just got home from a fabulous trip to Mexico. We had an amazing time and would definitely recommend this resort (Secrets Silversands) to anyone looking for a great all-inclusive trip.
We went with two other couples--Danny & Kelly and Jenny & Dusty.
The main pool had the swim-up bar. There's just something so fun about this concept. We frequented it quite often, except when it was easier to get poolside service from our waitress. The resort had great service everywhere:)
After dinner the second night we went to the "American Way" show. It was a dancing show set to American music. This was the first number and we almost bailed because it was a little much. However, I'm so glad we stuck with it, b/c it really was good!
One morning Jared and I went to heaven. We had a massage on the beach and it truly was divine. There was a great breeze blowing and the sound of the waves was so relaxing.
After that it was time to hit the pool again. Tough, I know.
This day there was a live band playing 80s and 90s rock. I felt like we were in the middle of MTV except there weren't any crazies around. There is a picture of me on Jared's shoulders (which was so fun!) but I just couldn't bring myself to share it on the wide world web.
While this resort isn't known for the beach, we had to check it out a little bit. Still a pretty good way to spend an afternoon...
as was being able to hang out at the oceanside pool.
We would go in around 5:00, get showered and dressed for dinner and then meet back up with everyone else. We went to four delicioso restaurants: Italian at Portofino, French at Bordeaux, Japanese Hibachi at Himitsu and Mexican at El Patio. They were all good, but I think El Patio gets my vote--maybe it was the fun mariachis who were there to serende us. Either that or the bananas foster prepared at our table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad you had fun!!
Post a Comment