Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Full Moon

When I was at the end of my pregnancy with Jackson my cleaning lady told me to check out the calendar and see when the next full moon was. According to her, this would be when I would go into labor. I followed her direction and saw that the next one was coming on February 16th, but since that was over 2 weeks before my due date, I totally dismissed it. A few more weeks rolled by and I went to celebrate a friends birthday downtown...a friend who was born on February 16th. I'd felt fine all day, came home that night and my water broke shortly thereafter.

Jackson was born the morning of February 17th. Yay!!
Needless to say, after that experience, I am now a believer in the "full moon" theory. So today I was casually looking at the paper and for some reason the next full moon caught my eye. Wanna guess when that will be? March 29! My 30th birthday!! I can handle going into labor that night, but let's hope that Lila waits until after midnight to make her debut. I so want her to have her own separate birthday.

3 comments:

Hayley said...

March 30th is Clare's birthday! What a great day that would be Lila to come!

Brandie said...

Good story! I wanted to tell you with our youngest I was in the hospital on bedrest for 4 months. The nurses all stressed about full moon nights because they were so busy. And our little one tried yet again to make his debut on a full moon night, luckily we were able to keep him there a bit longer. But it is VERY true! We also notice behavior changes in kids when there is a full moon. There has to be something to it!

haute shot photography said...

My dad has always believed in the Full Moon theory. . . and all 5 of us Christofersons were born on one.

Blog Archive