Yesterday was one of those days where you catch yourself thinking, "Hey, it's really fun to be a parent!" We took Jackson to the Circus and had such a fun family day. It's at the American Airlines Center thru next weekend and I highly recommend going. You and your kids would have a fantastic time.

I think it's the closest Jackson's gonna get to a Vegas style show for quite a while. He was so excited about it.
Right after we got there, we did three things.
1. Let Jackson have his picture taken on an elephant
2. Let him pick out a souvenir
3. Bought some cotton candy and refreshments
His face right when the Circus started. He really was awestruck.

Opening parade--there were so many performers! Some crazy things included in the act were...

goats riding on small ponies...

and 7 dirt bike riders all riding inside this steel cage AT THE SAME TIME. I was convinced that they were going to crash. Thank goodness they did not:)

During intermission Daddo got us some hot dogs and popcorn. Jackson shunned the hot dog and instead proceeded to eat at least 1/2 of this container! No joke. All the kid ate that day for lunch was goldfish and popcorn. Then it was time for more performances.

First up were the big cats.

Then the trapeze artists...

and finally it was time for the elephants. Jackson had been waiting to see them the whole show. This is his pose when I told him to stand there and take a picture with the elephants. I'm pretty sure it means, "hey mom, I really wanna just watch the show."

What impressed us the most about these huge beasts (by the way, they weigh between 10,000 and 12,000 pounds...I had no idea!) was that the one in the center did a handstand. Check it out!

Right after the elephants were done, they started bringing out everyone for the finale.

And Jackson wasn't awake to see it!

Guess he just had too much Circus!
1 comment:
Ha! So cute! Love the pictures of Jackson konked out. Sometimes cool dudes just have to kick back every now and then - even at the circus! Looks like a fun outing!
Post a Comment