Wednesday, May 13, 2009

That's what Mom's are for...

The picture I'd like to use for this post is one of my face. The reason I want to do this is because it would show you how tired I look (the dark circles under my eyes are especially nice). However, I'm just a little too vain and cannot bring myself to that much embarassment. So, you'll just have to trust me on this one. Here's a run-down of the last 16 hours or so in the Hays Household.

7:00 - 8:00 : Alternately cooking dinner and rubbing Jackson's back. Why? Because the little guy didn't feel too good and was crying for me to do this.

8:00 - Holding Jackson "like a baby" in my lap on the couch. I was rubbing his tummy and he actually fell asleep. That's when I knew it was going to be a long night. He NEVER goes to sleep that early.

8:45 - Attempt to lay him down in his bed. Not successful. Pees in pull-up and it gets all over the changing table. Change him into jammies, thrown clothes in hamper and begin rocking.

9: 15 - Have been rocking for 30 minutes and he's still awake. Lay him down in his crib and begin rubbing his back.

9:45 - Have been rubbing his back for 30 minutes, arm is tired now, so I lay down on the floor next to his crib.

9:46 - Sticks his little hand thru the crib rail and asks me to hold his finger. Finger holding begins.

10:30 - Veryly slowly pull my finger out of his. Yay! He's finally asleep (for now) so I get up, work on the laundry a bit and then go to sleep in my bed.

4:30 am - "Mommy! Mommy!" Jackson is crying and wants to come sleep in our bed. Not a good idea, so I convince him to sleep upstairs with me. Begins flopping around like a seal. Seal Flopping continues for a good hour...probably more like an hour and a half. Neat.

Needless to say, I'm a little worn out. After being a mom for over 2 years, though, I do know that things will be different very shortly so no need to get disheartened. Maybe it's time I develop a taste for coffee, though...

3 comments:

Pint Sized Life said...

Oh I feel for you. It is true though that the horrible sleepless times are easier to handle knowing it will change soon!

Katie said...

I feel your pain! Hope tomorrow is better for you... and you get a NAP! :)

Sarah Ruth said...

Poor Jackson and poor you! I hope he feels better soon!

- Wish you would have posted the photo. That would have been awesome. Maybe we should all just post the true photo of how we look at the end of the day. :) ha!

Blog Archive