It's official! We have hit the dreaded TERRIBLE TWO'S!!! Let's just recap the day so far and see what y'all think.
6:53 am: wakes up hollering, "Mommy, waffles!!" When I dared change his diaper first before making his waffles, the terrible-ness began. At this point it was a dull whining that got on my nerves. Mind you, I had just been SOUND asleep a mere two minutes before the whining started.
8:25 am: Throws fit when I don't pick up all 4 books to take with us upstairs. Get books, we're all ok now.
9:55am: Sees a vacuum in our garage. Since we're on our way to The Little Gym, I scoop him up and put him in the car. Bad idea. Screamed the entire 20 minutes to Little Gym about wanting to play with the "vacuumer." Argh. I almost turned the car around but then I thought about having to endure more whining alone, at home, so I kept driving.
10:15am: Refuses to greet Miss Jessica at Little Gym or participate in any of the warm-up activities.
11:30am: Shopping for a birthday present at Target now. Sees the water gun section and almost has a kniption b/c he wants one so bad. Did not give in, though, since they were for kids 6 and up. Then sees a kid rake, shovel and water nozzle and decides he absoulely MUST have it. It was $9.89, so I got it and spared myself and the rest of the Target-goers from his wrath.
12:15: Eating lunch...things are going well. He's almost done and I hear a loud dripping sound. He has peed his pants and it's going all over the floor. Gets way upset...not because he's covered in pee, no, it would be because he's mad that I'm now washing his clothes. Silly mom, what are you thinking? Screams "shorts! shorts! shorts!" no less than 100 times.
I could go on, but I'm getting exhausted just re-living this day. He's finally taking a nap now so hopefully he'll wake up and decide that being 2 isn't so bad afterall. Let's hope.
2 comments:
You were brave to try Target after that morning. However, I have been in your shoes where the thought of being home with a grumpy kid is worse than being out with one! I didn't know he was potty trained - that's awesome!
I have been there! Some people say 3 is worse. I disagree, but keep in mind that Cason has only been 3 for one month!
Amanda
Post a Comment