Monday, November 24, 2008

My hat is off

A few days ago I offered to watch Madison for a couple hours and thought "no biggie, it's only for a little while." Whew! That sure was an understatement! Both kids were really good and played so well together.



Love that smile:)


Here they are at the beginning of the afternoon. Jackson had so much fun pushing Madison in the jumperoo and she LOVED it...just look at that huge grin on her face! The difficulty came when I decided that I would try and get them both down for their afternoon naps. I somehow got Madison to sleep first by just rocking her in J's room. As soon as I tried to lay her down, though, she woke right up and looked at me like, "what exactly are you trying to do?" Then I decided to take both of them for a car ride. As I suspected, Jackson fell asleep before we got half way down the street. This was encouraging, so I drove around a little bit longer, just to ensure he was good and asleep. We came back home and I got him out of the car first, but before I got him all the way into his crib he woke up. At this point I was starting to get a little bit flustered! Now Madison was screaming in the car and Jackson was hollering b/c he wanted out of the crib. Arghhh! After about another half hour of rocking Madison and getting her back to sleep, Jackson decided to start making noise (why he wasn't asleep by now was beyond me). I didn't want him to wake her up, so I went over to his crib. He started whining and asking to be held, so I had no choice but to pick him up, too. And that's how I got myself into this conundrum...


After about 30 more minutes of rocking both of them, they both fell asleep! Only problem with that is that I was stuck in the chair. My mom did come back and rescue me. Hallelujah! My right arm (the one under the 30 pound child) was completely asleep.


My point to this long story is that my hat is off to all of you moms who have two kids. Those of you with more, like Hayley E., I have no idea how you do it on a day-to-day basis! You are AMAZING!

3 comments:

Hayley said...

Oh Crystal, you are too kind! Thank you for the compliment...deserved or not!

At least you got a cute picture out of the deal!

Pint Sized Life said...

Hats off to you for getting them both asleep in your arms. THAT is quite and accomplishment!

Sarah Ruth said...

That pic is priceless!!! So sweet. Those two little punky heads were just plum tuckered out! So who took the pic???? See you guys New Years!

Blog Archive