We finally made it! Jared and I have been talking about taking a trip to Hawaii for what seems like forever! We decided to go for it and I'm so glad we did. What an amazing place. I had never been. If you haven't either, make sure it's on your short list of places to visit!

Right after we got off the plane in Honolulu--aren't those such pretty leis? They're real flowers, too!

On the beach the first night with Diamond Head in the background

Dinner at Duke's--good food and a great location. It also happened to be in our hotel, so that was an added bonus:)

A whole 5 years! We celebrated our anniversary the second day we were in Hawaii. Could it get any more romantic?

Having fun on Waikiki Beach..not a bad way to spend your day

At the Paradise Cove luau

Our surf instructor, Donavan. Surfing was so cool and not nearly as hard as I thought it would be!

Our bartender, Marnie. He can make some mean Bahama Mamas!

Sunset in Waikiki

Kilueau lighthouse

Kayaking up the Waimea River

Hiking up to Hidden Falls

Dinner at Cafe Portofino--what a view!

Getting ready for our helicopter ride. No, those are not fanny packs...they're floatation devices:) Stylish, huh?

View of the Na Pali Coast from inside the chopper

Enjoying some time on Poipu Beach

The Na Pali Coast expedition--our favorite part of Kauai

Troy, our guide on the Na Pali Coast expedition. He told Jared, "man, the hardest decision I have to make today is whether to go fishing or surfing after I get off work this afternoon." That's the life.

Pulihale State Park Beach. AKA the biggest beach we have EVER seen! It was 17 miles long and probably 200 yards deep. Un-be-lievable.

Having fun on the lava flow slide.

Sunbathing in the shallow sand bottom pool

Wailua Falls

Us in front of the falls. Our last day we drove around a lot because we had a bunch of time to kill. We saw a few waterfalls and many beautiful scenic overlooks, went souvenir shopping and then ended up back at our hotel for dinner at a drink. What a perfect way to end a perfect trip. Hawaii, we miss you!
3 comments:
Happy Anniversary! We went to Kauai for our honeymoon and can't wait to go back one day. What an awesome trip ya'll had!
Looks like a blast! Jeff and I have been to Maui but never Kauai. It looks even more beautiful than I imagined!
Great pictures! I am so glad y'all had a great time. It was well deserved!
Post a Comment