Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Mason James Hays

 Mason James Hays arrived on January 3, 2019.  
He was 6 weeks early, so all of us were caught by surprise!

While we were anxiously awaiting his arrival, Uncle Jared and I went down to the gift shop. 
I wanted big balloons and this stork fit the bill perfectly.

We all prayed that the delivery would go smoothly and it did.

This sweet angel baby was born via c-section around 5:30 that afternoon.

So very precious.
 
He weighed 5 lbs. 1 oz and was almost 18 inches long.  Such a good size for being so early!

That night, only his daddy and mama were able to see him and hold him, but the next night, Memaw and I got to go into the NICU to meet the little guy.

Oh my goodness...I was smitten from the very start!

The nurses said that he was doing great, but he just needed a little help eating, so they placed the feeding tube in his nose.

He looked so tiny next to his dad!

He didn't open his eyes too much that night, but I did catch him looking straight at Andrew.

I just love being an Aunt!

I went back to see him the next evening and he was wearing his first little outfit.  Adorable.

We got in so many good cuddles.  Is there anything better than a brand new baby?  I think not.
I took Maria back to the hospital a few days later and got to spend a few more hours with them.

Every day he got a little bit stronger.
 

Such a cutie.

Later that week, he wore the premie outfit that we bought him the night he was born. 
Even that looked big on him!

By the end of the week he was doing so well.  They removed his feeding tube and started talking about him being released within a few days.

As soon as he could take all of his feeding from a bottle, he was good to go.


You can do it, little buddy!

Sure enough, he was able to go home on January 13.  This little girl got to meet him two days later, the day she turned 5!  What an excellent birthday present!!
Little mama Lila knew just what to do when it was her turn...
and didn't want to give him to Jackson.  

All of his cousins were in awe of him.  "He's so tiny!"  "Baby Mason is so cute!"
 It's safe to say that this little boy has a very big fan club.

We love you, Mason James!





No comments:

Blog Archive