Thursday, November 3, 2016

Trick or Treat

How in the world did Halloween fall on a Monday this year?  That's just silly.  The kids had school, then running club afterwards.  In 89 degree weather.  Mind you, it's the end of October.  They arrived home seriously sweaty and required showers.  Surely there would be no homework assigned, right?  Wrong!  The 4th grader was still working on his project by the time the grandparents arrived.  Meanwhile, the 2 year old decided that she didn't want to be Rapunzel afterall.  The costume was itchy.  Since this was the second costume I'd bought for her--the first one fell by the wayside after we made a last minute run to Party City a few days prior--I was determined that she was going to put it on!  The 1st grader started spazzing out when I used too much fake eyelash glue on her.  There's a chance that some of her top eyelashes got glued to her bottom ones, so maybe that was warranted.  

Nevertheless, a solid 45 minutes late, we had everyone in costume and ready for their photoshoot.  Hey Rapunzel--can you please look over here?!

22 tries later, we finally got all four to smile.  Persistence, my friends.

The grandparents wished them lots of candy and then said goodbye.

This cool pirate was thrilled to be meeting a few of her good friends for a spooky night of fun.
Donald Trump, Gwen Stefani, Rapunzel and I were off to a neighborhood party.

The Leedy Family went all out.  There were multiple photo booths with cool props.

Soccer for the boys, trampoline for the girls...
and a Baby Lion that was just as unhappy as Rapunzel.  Being 2 is tough sometimes.
Lila was grinning from ear to ear, though, since she got to hang out with two of her BFFs,
Lauren and Madison.

And Jackson was happy as could be playing with these little monsters.
We tried to round up all the kids and then everyone headed out for a major Get Candy mission.

Murphy Boo 2016 was a big hit for these boys even before trick-or-treating began.



Somehow we didn't lose any kids. A win for all!  And they got so much good candy.

This girl was the happiest, though, after we came home.  The big kids and dad had gone to the Haunted Maze in our neighborhood, but Cami was done.  I found her sitting in the floor eating a Snickers for the first time.  When I asked what she was doing, she just smiled and said, "I found some chocolate!"  It was the happiest I'd seen her all night.  And that's a wrap, folks.


No comments:

Blog Archive