In honor of our nation's upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, the first graders had Pioneer Day at school last week. They needed lots of parents to volunteer to work the different stations, and encouraged everyone to dress up for the event. Oh my! I was scrambling to find us outfits, when a friend offered me her matching mother/daughter pioneer attire. Yes, please!
 |
I thought it was hilarious. My 6 year old was mortified by this bonnet--said she was not wearing any of it to school. No way was I going to school dressed like this and she was not, though!
Little sister, on the other hand, found the humor in this get-up right away! |
 |
| And what do ya know? Lots of her friends were little pioneers, too! Score for mom. |
 |
| My friend Lisa and I worked the bead necklace station... |
 |
where we helped the kids dye their pasta, then string them into a fun piece of jewelry. Pioneer Girl Lila's turned out pretty well! |
 |
There was also quill writing, butter making, antiques, and a soap making station. It's fun to be in First Grade! |
 |
Surprisingly, it was very entertaining to be Pioneer Women, too! We laughed all morning long. It was impossible to do otherwise. |
No comments:
Post a Comment