Madison and Lila had been rehearsing twice a week for the past two months. They ramped that up the week of the performance, and had mandatory rehearsal last Saturday from 12-4 and Sunday from 1-3. Then the real work began! Monday - Wednesday nights they were at the theater from 5-10pm. Sheesh! It was intense. The first night was not a dress rehearsal, but the second two were.
 |
Meet Rafiki and a Hyena. All of the parents were responsible for doing their kids' hair and make-up. Oh my! I had never done stage make-up in my life! I bought the tools I thought were right, but it was pretty rough that first time. |
 |
| At least I felt good about the big bun and the bun mohawk! |
 |
| The second day was much better, but it still took me forever! At least an hour and a half. |
 |
| By opening night I was ready, though, and so were the girls! |
 |
| The cutest hyena I ever did see. |
 |
Our neighbor, Olivia, is an old pro at these productions. She and her mom were such a huge help this week, answering my 72 questions. |
 |
Showtime! Rafiki narrated the show and was so good! My heart just swelled with pride. She's so confident and just amazing on stage. |
 |
| It's the Circle of Life! There's my baby girl!!! I seriously got tears in my eyes when she began singing and dancing in the first song. I was so proud of her for being brave enough to get on that stage and perform. She was the youngest in the cast and even though she said that she was nervous, no one could ever tell. |
 |
| Young Simba holding court. Briana was fantastic in this role. |
 |
| The lighting was awesome, too! All eyes were on Rafaki quite a bit. |
 |
| "I just can't wait to be King!" Our girls were on the front row! |
 |
| Rafiki having a heart-to-heart with Old Simba. |
 |
| The two funniest characters--Timon and Pumba, doing the hula. They were hilarious! |
 |
| Bravo! These kids just blew us away that first night. |
 |
| Lila was so happy that her sweet teacher came to see the show. We love Ms. Garner! |
 |
| Cami was super proud of her sister and Madison. |
 |
| Lila was given SO many pretty flowers--wow! |
 |
| Finley and Brooklynn made the girls sweet cards, too. We loved their support! |
 |
Our family showed up big time for opening night. My girls were grinning from ear-to-ear because of all the love they felt.
One show down--only 5 more to go! |
No comments:
Post a Comment