Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Saving Grace

After being up all night long with a very sick little girl, it's amazing how much better I feel with a new haircut and eyebrow waxing.  Every now and then a mama has got to tend to herself!  And instead of being cranky today, all I have felt is thankful.
  The wheels were truly falling off at midnight last night when Lila came down to our room covered in puke.  We had just turned off the TV and closed our eyes.  No time for sleep, though.  I put her in the shower and went upstairs to survey the damage.  It was bad.  Dirty and bad.  We'd eaten spaghetti for dinner.  Yikes.  I grabbed the comforter and sheets and took them downstairs to the laundry room.  Then I began scrubbing.  About halfway through my task, I heard the all-to-familiar cries of Cameron.  "Mama! Mama! Mama!" I couldn't help her right then, so it was Daddy to the rescue.  Thank goodness.  By the time I got the sheets into the washer I could hear another dreaded sound coming from my room.  Lila was sick again.  I started running and was so thankful that her daddy had made it back downstairs and was holding the bowl for her.  After that we went back to her room where we tried to sleep.  No such luck though--poor girl got sick every hour until she finally gave out around 5am.  Daddy was on duty and had taken care of Cami the other two times she woke up during the night.  Lila and I woke up around 7:45 and came downstairs.  After making myself coffee and eating a little, I just wasn't feeling it, so I crawled back into bed with Lila.  I fell asleep for a bit and woke up at 9:15.  Cameron was STILL sleeping and had given me a reprieve!  That might have been the biggest miracle of all!  Thank you, Jesus.  I drank my coffee that I had made a few hours before, jumped in the shower and called my mom.  She came over and stayed with the girls while I went to my appointment.  Another blessing.  Thank goodness for moms! 

So far Lila hasn't gotten sick anymore and we are hoping and praying that the worst is over. 
We're also really hoping that no one else gets it! 

I'm still going strong thanks to my cat nap and a Red Bull.  Only 5 more hours until bed time. 
I do believe I may put myself in bed at 9:00 tonight.  Sleep is a precious thing.

No comments:

Blog Archive