Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Pumpkins Galore at the Dallas Arboretum

It's been a long time since we ventured all the way out Garland Road to the Dallas Arboretum.  Too long, in fact!  I really do love it every time I go there, so I'm not sure why it takes me forever to do it.
Anyway, Cami and I picked up Shelley and Lila from BSF yesterday and made our way out to Pumpkin Land.  Lila loved this cool display at the entrance and insisted on sitting on the "big pickle" for her picture.  Ha!

Next, we found some humongous pumpkins!  They must have outweighed Lila by a mile. 

Cami didn't like just spectating, though, so she got out of the stroller and right onto the hay. 


Immediately, I had a flashback from 2010!




Lila didn't have nearly as much hair, but they both share those baby blues, that's for sure!



Cami was a little more serious about her poses than Lila was that day.

It was either the "serious face"

or so much happiness that she just had to clap!

How can this little lady be this grown up? 

Sweet snuggles from this Mama's Girl.
She's getting so much hair!  And it's curly, too!


Memaw and Lila explored the pumpkin and gourd house...

and we all thought the Jack-o-lantern house was super cool, too.

We sure did wish that big brother could have come with us.  He would have liked running through the haybale maze with Lila.  Stinkin' school always gets in the way!

"Hey Mom, is it lunch time yet?"

We found us a picnic table that was close to all the action.  Cami loved watching the birds and Lila kept a close eye on the petting zoo.


After lunch, we sat inside Cinderella's carriage,

and then checked out her horses that were made of straw.

Then we went to pet some animals.  Turns out, Cowgirl Lila is very timid around goats.  Who knew?  It took a lot of convincing to get her to touch this friendly goat.

And this was as close to feeding this one as she got.

She did really like this "furry goat," though!  I said, "yes, do you mean the sheep?!"

After the petting zoo, we set off on a walk.  Lila said, "we're taking an adventure!" and skipped ahead of us in total glee.  We found this pretty waterfall...

and then stumbled upon this neat split-level koi pond.  How cool!

"Wait, Lila!  I want to come with you!"

Soon enough, little sister will be able to keep up with big sister.

We had a wonderful time exploring the gardens and are really going to try to go back next month.

It's just too pretty not to:)

No comments:

Blog Archive