Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Big Second Grader and My Tiny Dancer

The day finally arrived!  Time to go back to school, my little man.  How soon is too soon to let him watch Billy Madison?  "Back to school, back to school, to prove that I am not a fool."
 
New "2nd Grade Rocks" shirt.  Check!

New backpack with 55 compartments.  Check!

Everyone drove their kids to school so we had to park a mile away.  Check!

Mom even showered and put on make-up for the big day...you know it's big time!

How in the world is that my child standing next to a Second grade sign?  He's getting so big, so fast.  Next year he probably won't even let me bring my camera into school.  Then I might cry.

Thank goodness this guy got a top locker again. 
He put away his bag and walked right into Mrs. Tillery's class. 

We have heard lots of great things about his new teacher.  She's been at Hunt since it opened and is known for being able to handle lots of rowdy boys, too!

After school was over, we had our annual cake with Miss Maddie.  Both kids had a fantastic first day.  When I asked them how it went, they both said, "awesome!"  Jackson reported that Mrs. Tillery was a really fun teacher and that they will get to use lap tops in class this year.  Madison was pumped that her crush, Adam, is in her class.  Oh boy, this girl cracks me up!
It wasn't just a big day for Maddie and Jackson, though.  This tiny dancer was all smiles for her very first dance class.

And she even had two friends, Henlee and Lila, in class with her.  Bonus!


My little ballerina was a little shy at first, but then her teacher put on the Frozen soundtrack and that was all it took.  Lila looked at me with this big smile and then sat down and joined the other girls.

Sweet Cami even had fun, too, and played on this big purple chaise lounge the whole 45 minutes.  I actually got to have a conversation with another mom and it was really nice! 

I might have taken a few peeks through the door when Lila wasn't looking. 
Every time she was doing great.

Halfway thru the class, it was time to change into her tap shoes.  These girlies tapped liked no one's business and loved every single second of it.  Dance class, you were a big success. 
See ya next week!

2 comments:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

You crack me up! And I was totally singing "Back to School" yesterday morning even though Garrison had no idea where it came from. ;)

Lainey-Paney said...

Soooo cute!
I cannot WAIT for my little girl to try dancing.
So exciting!

...and now that we're moms, I totally agree: getting up and putting on make-up really is 'big time'!!!

Blog Archive