We were all so sure that Baby Cameron was going to be here early since I had been having so many contractions for the last few weeks. I was dilated to 3cm at my 37 week check-up, so we really thought that she'd be here around 38 weeks. But alas, she kept us waiting! Dr. Weprin said we could induce at 39 weeks and we jumped at the chance. I was SO ready to have her in my arms!!
 |
| On Tuesday night, we put the kids to bed and told them they'd get to meet their baby sister the next day. Memaw and Poppi came over to spend the night and were ready to bring the kids to the hospital whenever they got the call. Jared and I checked into the hospital at 10pm. Both of us thought that we'd check-in, get some sleep and then they'd start the pitocin early on Wednesday morning. WRONG! Right after we got to the room, they had me change into this beautiful hospital gown and then hooked me up to the monitors. Shortly thereafter, the nurse started the IV and then placed the cytotec in my cervix. For such a tiny pill, it sure packs a punch. Within an hour or so, my contractions started picking up and by 3am they were more intense and 3 minutes apart. My nurse told me to just say the word when I was ready for the epidural. I declined for some unknown reason and then called her back about 10 minutes later and gave her the green light. And thank goodness I did! By the time we got downstairs, they were starting to get really painful and I was certain that this baby was coming out pretty soon. I got the epidural at 4am and then she checked me again--still at a 3 and 50% effaced. Absolutely no change at all! Arghhhh. Then the real fun began and I started feeling crazy side effects from the epidural. I was nauseous, had a heavy chest, numb hands and my blood pressure dropped to 80/50. The wheels were definitely falling off and my mama was needed! |
 |
| Jared called her and she got up to the hospital shortly thereafter. After an hour or so, they got all the meds regulated in me and I was doing much, much better. It was a very calm time for a while and I so appreciated my two caretakers. My mom rubbed my feet and legs, while Jared held my hand and assured me that everything was going to be ok. At 7:45, Dr. Weprin came in and broke my water. After that, things really started moving along nicely. |
 |
| The kids got to the hospital around 10:15 and wanted to come see me. I was smiling through the pain at this point and knew that their sister was about to be here. Before they came in, I was 5 1/2 cm dilated and after they left I told the nurse she needed to check again. It had only been 20 minutes, but I was now at a 9 1/2 and almost ready to rock and roll. No wonder I was hurting again! By the time Dr. Weprin got there, it was go time. I started pushing and immediately the doctor said, "Oh, this may take a while. She's got a big head. This could be a big baby." Say what?! My last one was only 6 lbs. 11oz and practically fell out. I was so not prepared for this news. Thank goodness my body was able to come through. Even though it was no walk in the park, I had her about 15 minutes later at 10:54am. |
 |
| And Dr. W was right! She was huge! 8 lbs., 12 oz. and 20 3/4 inches long. Good grief! |
 |
| She was very calm and quiet and took a little while to start hollering. |
 |
| The nurse pronounced her healthy... |
 |
| and laid her on my chest for some amazing mother/daughter bonding time. I had been crying since she came out and I first laid eyes on her. It's just such an emotional journey and hands down the most amazing feeling on earth. To hold a life that you and your husband have created is nothing short of a miracle. God is so good. |
 |
| Happy tears and big smiles with Dr. Weprin. She was so awesome the whole time and just gave me the confidence I needed to get through it. |
 |
| After I nursed Cameron for about 15 minutes, it was finally time for her daddy to get to hold her. He was smitten from the start. |
 |
| We did it again! Baby #3! Just in awe of this little creature. |
 |
| Cameron was so alert and calm and just took everything in. |
 |
| My heart. Truthfully, I wasn't sure I could love another baby as much as my first two. But right from the start, this little girl has made my heart continue to grow and I couldn't imagine our family without her. |
 |
| And then the moment came that we'd all been waiting for. These kids have prayed EVERY night for their baby sister to grow strong and healthy inside my tummy. That's 7 full months of prayer. God fulfilled their prayers and they finally got to hold her in their arms. I was so proud of Jackson, too. He offered to let Lila be the first one to hold Cameron. He knew how much it meant to Lila. Sweet, sweet boy, with a heart of gold. |
 |
| Our dream finally came true! |
 |
| A few minutes later, it was time to invite all of the grandparents into the room. They were thrilled to meet their newest grand daughter. |
 |
| Madison was over the moon to be able to hold her new baby cousin, too. |
 |
| A shortwhile later, the baby nurse came in to give Cameron her official first check-up. She tested all kinds of things on her and everyone watched very intently. |
 |
| Then Cami started crying and that didn't go over so well. Lila had to turn away and eventually ended up snuggling with me in bed. Jackson went to the other side of the room and turned white as a sheet. When I asked him what was wrong he said "nothing" at first. Then I asked a few minutes later and he said he felt sick to his stomach. Right after that, he ran into the bathroom and started throwing up. He'd seen the nurse stick Cami with a needle and didn't like it making her cry and it had just really upset him. Poor kid! It was an intense half hour in our L&D room for sure! |
 |
| But after a little while later, everyone had rebounded and we were ready to go upstairs. I love how Lila is the one holding Cameron in this pic, too! It's like she's the mommy:) |
 |
| Memaw and Poppi finally got to hold her... |
 |
| and so did Boom... |
 |
| and Gigi. Then we all headed upstairs to get comfy in our new room. |
 |
| On the way upstairs, the kids made a pit-stop in the gift shop. They each picked out presents for Cameron. They were surprised to see that she had brought presents for them, too. She gave Jackson a Sports Illustrated Top 10 book... |
 |
| and gave Lila two Big Sister books. Lila's present to her was this pink lemur named Sparkle. Too funny! She told me that Sparkle needed to stay in my bed the whole time we were at the hospital, so she did. |
 |
| A little while later we had two more special visitors--Uncle Scott and Aunt Lyndsie! They were in love with their new neice from the start. |
 |
| We ended the night with a visit from an equally adoring Uncle Andrew. It was a very special day for our whole family, filled with wonderful memories. |
No comments:
Post a Comment