Friday, November 29, 2013

We've got spirit!

We started Thanksiving Break off with a bang!  Maddie spent the night on Tuesday night and had a camp out with Lila in her room.  Well, that was the idea.  Too bad Maddie was the only one camping and Lila slept in our room.  Sigh.  Maybe one day!  The kids had built a fort also the night before and played plenty that morning before we had to go run an errand.  Afterwards, I treated myself to a Caramel Brulee Latte and then came home and made the kids hot chocolate and hot apple cider.  They love some cold weather drinks, too!

After warming up our bellies, it was time to get down to business.  We had a chocolate coke cake to bake for the next day!

Jackson turned on the Christmas music for us, then all three kids took turns adding ingredients, stirring, and most importantly, licking the bowl clean!  I don't think it was possible to get any more into the holiday spirit!  We tried, though, by watching the rest of The Search for Santa Paws while we ate our lunch:)

After our cake was baked, it was time to make our thankful turkeys.  They love this simple activity and I do too.  It makes them sit and think for a little while about just how much they have to be thankful for.  Jackosn had to ask for two more feathers because he just couldn't fit it all in:)

Maddie was thankful for school and soccer, but my favorite one of hers was that she's thankful for being a rockstar.  Too funny!

J man was thankful for God, his family and friends, but the funniest one to me was for technology.  He said, "mom, I really do love technology!"

And last but not least, this little turkey was thankful for her family, friends and teachers, but my favorite was her thankfulness for horses and cows.  I love you, little cowgirl!

It was a jam-packed day, but I hope one that will stay with them for a while. 
Making memories is what it's all about.  I am thankful for all three of these kids.

No comments:

Blog Archive