Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Camp In

Jackson got this really cool tent from Memaw and Poppi for Christmas.  We've yet to set it up in the backyard, but this past weekend decided that we didn't have to wait for perfect weather--we could just let the kids have a Camp In!

It didn't take Daddo long to put up this big tent in the playroom.  The kids were so excited!

We put down all of the comforters and then more blankets to make it softer and then found their softest blankets to snuggle with for the night. 

After a few tickle attacks from Dad, it was lights out.  If only it were that simple!  Even though Lila said she was all about sleeping in the tent, what she really meant was that she wanted me in there, too.  So, I sat in the tent, holding her hand at first, but finally snuggling in between her and Maddie.  The kids were exhausted from a fun night of baseball, followed by some friends hanging out at our house afterwards, that I was sure they would all fall asleep as soon as their eyes closed.  Not so fast!  First, the nightlight was too bright for J's liking, so I hopped up and took it out of the wall.  Then, it was too hot, so I had to unzip the tent, crawl out, and go turn on the fan.  Then, J needed some water, so he got out to get himself a drink.  For some strange reason he brought it back into the tent and Madison knocked it over, getting some of his bedding a little wet.  I was beginning to think this was going to be a total failure of an idea.  After we got everything dry, though, and Lila finally got still, all was quiet.  It only took 45 minutes! The best part is that all 3 kids actually slept in the tent the entire night.  AMAZING!  Why can't Lila do that in her own bed??! 

2 comments:

Lainey-Paney said...

...because in her own bed, she's alone.
:(

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

Such a cute idea...love it! And I'm glad it was a success - even if it did take 45 minutes! :)

Blog Archive