Friday, March 8, 2013

Tooth News and Open House

Call it good instincts, or maybe just good luck, but before I picked Jackson up from school yesterday I went through the Starbucks drive-through and bought a few cake pops for my kids.  Little did I know that when I picked him up he would have big news for us!  He said, "guess what, mom?"  Then he showed me his tooth necklace and I put two and two together.  Yes!  He lost his 4th tooth at school!

Cake pops to celebrate!

Last night was also open house at his school, so dad came home early and our fam headed up there.  He was so excited to get to show us all of his work...

especially his research project!  He chose to research Tigers and he did a very good job.  After looking at his project, he took us over to the computers...

where he showed us a program that they used called Symbaloo.  Lila got a kick out of listening to the different animals that he had learned about.  She said the sheep sounded like cows, though:)

After touring his classroom and checking out all the critters in the terariums, we went out to the hallway to see more of his work that was hanging on the wall.  The picture directly above his head, about a foot taller than him, is the one he made.  He chose the shape rectangle and then made a self portrait using only rectangles.  Pretty cool!  We had fun seeing all of the neat things that he's been working on at school, but my favorite part was just seeing how proud he was of himself.  He asked at least three times on the way home, "Did I do a good job?"  Yes, my little man, you most certainly did!

No comments:

Blog Archive