We were bummed that the egg hunts got rained out last weekend and then there was lots of rain in the forecast for this weekend, so we just decided to host a last minute Easter Eggstravaganza of our own.
 |
| The girls started out by decorating these cute little eggs with chicks, flowers and such... |
 |
| and then everyone moved into the kitchen to ice and decorate their sugar cookies. |
 |
It's safe to say they loved putting sprinkles all over their cookies.
Would you like a cookie with those sprinkles? |
 |
| Austin, Jackson and I hid tons of eggs in the backyard and then it was time for the hunt to begin. Ready, set... |
 |
| GO!! |
 |
| I asked Jackson and Austin to give the little kids a headstart and encouraged them to help their little sisters. Jackson was trying to so hard, but Lila would have none of it. She just kept running away from him saying, "I don't need your help, Jackson!" |
 |
| Seems she had this hunting business down pat! |
 |
| The kids found eggs all over the backyard...even way up in the fort! |
 |
| A few minutes later, J ran over to me with so many eggs that he could barely carry them all. He said, "Mom, what do I do now?" My response--"I think you're probably done, son." |
 |
| With the egg hunt over, the kids just got to enjoy the afternoon in the backyard. Carter loved watching Austin and Jackson play baseball... |
 |
| and the girls had a ball playing "Crack the Egg" on the tramp. |
 |
| Lila LOVED getting to play with her friend Chloe...her new best friend, according to Lila! |
 |
| It was a great way to spend the afternoon. And now I'm feeling so much better that my kids have had a proper egg hunt! |
No comments:
Post a Comment