Saturday, January 19, 2013

Maria and Andrew's Wedding!

Hooray!  The wedding day finally arrived!

These three cuties were all about dressing up for the big day.


Both girls were flashing their pearlie whites all over the place.


They really loved getting to see the bride before the wedding.  How special! 


Then we had to wait another hour and by then the littlest flower girl had started to fade.


She was chillaxin' to the max in one of the pews.  Modesty?  What's that?


Shelley got to enjoy a little moment with her three girls...


and then I snapped a pic of Memaw and Poppi...


and Gigi (the birthday girl) and Boom.  I think they all cleaned up very well!  Soonafter, it was time for the wedding to begin.  Lyndsie and I took the kids to line up in the church foyer and then took our seats and hoped for the best!
After much anticipation, I am so happy to report that all three did great!  They walked down the aisle like little angels.  Lila fell asleep about 8 minutes into the ceremony (perfect!) and Maddie did decently well with her leappad. 


Jackson was definitely the MVP, though, and didn't make a peep the whole time. 
Love my guys in their tuxes.


During post-wedding photos, I caught a funny moment of the photographer falling backwards into the flowerbed.  Woops!  Then we were off to the reception.


Gigi got to sit next to these two at our table...


and after dinner Lila had to reapply her lipgloss.


"Does this look good, mom?"  Can you tell she's my child?!


Good thing she got all beautified, because minutes later she and I opened the dance floor.


Then she stole her daddy's heart just a little more by honoring him with a dance.  One day I will show this at her wedding.  I can't really imagine what that day will feel like, but I'm so hopeful that they will remain as close as they are now. 


Very soon after that, all 6 kids hit the dance floor--with lots of enthusiasm, too! 


The littlest one was full-throttle...


while Madison showed us some actual dance moves.  Turns out she's pretty good!


We had such a good time with our friends--so fun that we could all celebrate together:)


While we were hanging out with our amigos, Lila had convinced Gigi to dance with her.


Then it was time for the good stuff--and boy was this chocolate cake delicious!


After they cut the cake, Jared gave the best man toast. 
He did them proud, I think.  Way to go, husband!


Then the dance floor just exploded!  In a very rare moment, Shelley, Carolyn (Jared's Aunt) and my mom all cut a serious rug!  Love it.


When the party was winding down, Lila gave her Aunt Maria a big hug goodbye...


and then it was time to go to bed.  She had danced hard and was worn out, no doubt about it.  We all really enjoyed ourselves that night and loved welcoming Maria into the family.  It was a fun night of celebrating my mom's birthday, too.  An all-around great day.

1 comment:

Random Thoughts by Jewels said...

That picture of Lila on the pew made me laugh out loud. Hilarious! Maybe you can show that one in her future wedding slide show too! :)

Blog Archive