I realize that I have been out of school for well over 10 years now, but I still get giddy whenever summer time rolls around. There's just something so fun about a less rigorous schedule, playing outside after dinner and getting to spend more time with your friends. I love it. And I think the kids do, too.
 |
| Last weekend we went over to my friend Kelly's house to celebrate her birthday. The kids had a blast. How cute is this picture of Lila and Chloe?! They were playing so sweetly together over at Andie's kitchen. Chloe told Lila, "you cook and I'll watch your baby." The funny thing is, Lila played right along, and was working so hard in that kitchen! |
 |
| After they got done cooking dinner, they joined some more of their friends in the living room. |
 |
| After the bounce house went up, it was time to take the party outside. These kids bounced until their little legs almost fell off. They loved it! |
 |
| Teagan and Maddie had to take a break and came inside to visit the younger ones of the group. After dinner and cupcakes, we packed it up and headed home. And it was 9:30! See what I mean about being more relaxed?! We even slept in a little the next morning. I don't think any kid woke up until after 8am. Genius. Pure genius. |
 |
| Today we decided to get out the fun water toys that dad bought the other day. The kids took many turns going down the slip and slide... |
 |
| and the girls even took turns somersalting into the shallow pool. |
 |
| I'm pretty sure we set a world record. Most children in the world's smallest baby pool. Sawyer, Lila and J man all thought it was great. For about 5 seconds... |
 |
| then they were off and running again! Let's hope the rest of the summer is as fun as today. I'm smiling just thinking about it. |
No comments:
Post a Comment