Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankful Turkeys

They say that imitation is the highest form of flattery.  That being said, I totally stole two craft ideas from my mommy friends, Hayley and Monica.  I hope that you girls don't mind, I just thought these turkey crafts were too cute to pass up!
First we made the Thankful Turkey.  Jackson's class mascot, Chippy, is getting to spend the week with us, so he got in on the fun, too.  We cute out all the feathers first, and then the kids came up with things that they are thankful for.  I love this idea.  Having a grateful heart is so important and this really drives home that point.  It's also a fabulous reminder of how lucky we all are--just look at how many feathers there are and we could have gone on for much longer!

After doing our turkey, we went outside and J chose a pumpkin to make our next craft with (Thanks, Monica!).  This is now our kitchen table centerpiece and we love it! 

No comments:

Blog Archive