Saturday, April 9, 2011

Lila is 1!

And she is having so much fun! Yesterday our baby turned one. Yes, it has already been a whole year since the Lord blessed us with this impossibly sweet little girl. I wanted to dote on her all day so that she would feel just how special she is to our family. And I'm pretty sure I succeeded. We began the day by singing Happy Birthday to her while she was standing up in her crib. Then we came downstairs and had breakfast together.
One of Lila's favorite new foods is Mrs. Baird's cinnamon rolls. It's her brother's breakfast of choice these days, so I've been giving her samples to munch on while her oatmeal warms up. Needless to say, she was thrilled at getting her very own cinnamon roll to eat this morning. The oatmeal was a no-go afterwards--just more cinnamon roll, please!


After breakfast, we had our usual whirlwind school morning as I got the big kids ready. After a great nap in the car, we got dressed for the day and then met Memaw back up at school to cheer on Jackson at his trike-a-thon. By the time I snapped this pic, it was past lunchtime and this little one was getting a tad bit crabby.


But after some turkey, yogurt and a few fries, the smile returned in full effect. Yay!


After lunch we checked the mail and found three cards for the birthday girl. She loved looking at all of them and is so excited to read her new book--thanks, Kelly and Danny!


After an evening full of playtime, storytime and a walk/bike ride around the neighborhood, it was time for a little din din. Since it was Friday night and Lila's other fave food is pizza, that's what we had. Can you tell the girl likes to eat?


After dinner we had an impromtu Happy Birthday moment for Lila and we improvised by putting the candle into another cinnamon roll.


As you can see, it got rave reviews:)


Then it was time for some real fun--presents! I took Madison and Jackson shopping this week and they got to pick out what they would like to give Lila. Madison chose this baby doll and I think it goes without saying that it was the favorite gift of the night.


In fact, Lila didn't even open any more presents after the doll. She just hugged and rocked her new baby doll. So sweet.


Yay Birthday time!


We're ready to party down today!

No comments:

Blog Archive