Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Let there be light!

After getting two quotes from different christmas light installer-men I chose the one that was much cheaper. He was originally scheduled to come put them up the day after Thanksgiving. The only caveat to this plan was that I didn't make it to Hobby Lobby to buy the rest of the lights we would need, so I pushed that date back a bit to the following Monday. On Monday I waited and waited...well past the 9:30 am promised time. Around 11:30 or 12 he finally showed up. I put all of the lights and exstention cords out on the front porch and was so excited that our house was going to really be all aglow in only a few short hours. About 10 minutes went by and the doorbell rang. Seems that his partner called in sick and this guy was the one with the really big ladder. Day One of Christmas Light Installation: Fail.

The next day both guys showed up (eventually) and I once again put all of that stuff out on the front porch. Got real excited again (I mean, really, what could go wrong?). Twenty minutes later, ding dong. I answer the door and the guy says, "I've got some bad news." I think, "Oh my, this is not going well." He then proceeds to tell me that their "really big" ladder isn't quite big enough. Looks like they are going to need a 35 foot ladder to reach the tallest peak and theirs is only 31 foot. Super. They apologized for telling me that they could do the job in the first place and drove off. Day Two of Christmas Light Installation: Fail.

Guess they should probably amend the flyer that they put in people's doors. It read "No job too small or too big." Maybe not...unless you need the 35 foot ladder. Arghhh!!



So, this past weekend my elves went to work. They worked all day and got these pretty lights all set up in our yard.



It was pretty chilly, so Elf Jack ran inside to get his new Frog Hat and gloves. I am proud to say we now have at least some christmas lights at our house! Thanks, guys!



No comments:

Blog Archive