Tuesday, December 2, 2008

First Day of School

Yes, I finally did it. I mean, we finally did it. We put on our big girl and big boy pants and went to school. Yesterday was Jackson's first day of Mother's Day Out and it really went well, all things considering. The day could not have started out much worse. First, the spring on our garage door broke at 8:40 am. Jackson was just finishing up his pancakes when we heard the loud kaboom in the garage. I went out to investigate and couldn't see anything right away, so I decided to open the garage and check the outdoors. After I pressed the garage door button it only opened about 3 inches. Arghhh!!! I have an intense hatred for malfunctioning garage doors and did not have time to mess with it right then! After a few frantic calls, I finally found someone who would let me borrow their car.



(quick pic before we flew out the door)

A few minutes later we took off in a mad dash down the street (school started at 9am) and hopped in our neighbor's car. That's when I noticed problem number 2...Jackson had peed and somehow the diaper had failed, a phenomenon that still baffles me. Of course, I didn't have a change of clothes, since it was our first day, so off we went to school. The teachers were really nice and told me they would take care of everything. After a tearful goodbye, I left my little guy for a day of fun.


Jackson loved wearing his "back back" and looked so old to me!

He had such a good time at school and got a glowing report. I am such a proud mom! After we got home, I went through his school folder and found all of the activities that he did--letter and shape of the day, made an angel ornament decorated with glitter and a few other arts and crafts. I know this is going to be such a positive thing for both of us. I cannot wait to see how much he learns over the next few months. And one more thing, the five hours to myself were pretty good, too:)

2 comments:

Carole said...

What a fun milestone! I'm glad he had such a good day!

Lindsey Long said...

Congratulations! See you at Kelly's tonight!

Blog Archive