First, post a picture of you and your child. Surprisingly so, we don't have very many pics of just us...this needs to change! Here's one of Jackson sporting his bandana.
1. How many kids do you have?
Pretty sure you all know that I've got my hands full with one crazy little guy.
2. Age of child?
He is 19 1/2 months old
3. What time do you start your day?
Usually around 7:30 or a little before.
4. What do you eat for breakfast?
Either cereal (honey nut cheerios, raisin bran, frosted flakes, or my fav, cinnamon toast crunch) or maple and brown sugar oatmeal, with a piece of toast.
5. Do your kids watch T.V.?
This is an emphatic, NO! Jackson will not have anything to do with T.V. shows or DVDs. Maybe some day he will slow down enough to enjoy some good cartoons:)
6. What are his favorite activities?
Right now Jackson loves going to Little Gym every week. He especially enjoys playing with the balls and hanging on the bars like a little monkey. He also loves to go on walks--really likes to take the dogs, although he's a little unsure now about holding the leash himself. He loves his two new toys, the slide and car gadget I just got him. He also really likes to go to the park and run all around.
7. Do you get a break during the day for some you time?
Yes, thank goodness! Jackson is an excellent napper, so I get about 3 hours in the afternoons to do whatever I please. I usually get caught up with my emails, read some blogs, do a blog post of my own, return calls since it is nearly impossible to talk on the phone with J around, then do pilates while I watch General Hospital on the DVR. If I've still got some extra time I will read something...People Magazine is a fave and I am currently readying The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch, which is excellent.
8. How do you end your day?
If it's my turn to put Jackson to bed, then I usually fall asleep in his room while "pretending" to be asleep. I'll tell him, mommy is tired, Jackson is tired, why don't you lay your head down like this. Then I lay down in his chair and close my eyes. It works really well because he goes right to sleep...only problem is that a lot of times, I do too! If Jared puts him to bed, then I get to watch a show--maybe ER or Dancing with the Stars.
9. What is your best parenting advice or tip?
Keep a good sense of humor whenever possible. Even when they are being little stinkers, they are still so precious and I know that this time is fleeting, so I'm trying to really embrace every day.
10. I'm tagging 5 people...
Jennifer Z., Lindsey L., Katie H., Sarah H., Hayley E.
1 comment:
That Jackson looks like quite the cool dude! He is obviously one busy, busy boy!
Post a Comment